Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Diet Choices

by: Adam Sayih


We face these choices three to five times a day.  What to eat.  How do we tackle this decision?  You know what you should have but face the oh-so-scrumptious temptation of "cheating."  Here's a few tips to keep you on the right track and actually MAKE you want to eat right.

1.  Start your day right.  Is your breakfast alive, or was it created in some warehouse?



Time is the biggest deterrent for a healthy breakfast but a kick ass meal can be prepared in 10 minutes.  My breakfast every day for the past 2 years has been 6 boiled eggs, 1 cup of oatmeal, and a handful of fruit with the oats.  I've learned to get this done under 10 minutes by turning on the oven immediately on hot then using hot water from the sink in the pot to get that bad boy boiling quick.  My advice?  Find something you like, stick with it, and master the preparation.  I would say 90 percent of us have a morning time ritual that we have been sticking to for years, make a healthy start apart of it.


2.  Buy the right things in the grocery store and you'll eat the right things.



Whenever I go grocery shopping, I actually look forward to the delicious foods I'm about to eat.  Think in meals, not just pieces of the puzzle.  Think "I'm going to eat these with that," etc.  When you do this, not only do you become more efficient at meal making, but you already planned your healthy eating schedule to prevent the: "I'm hungry, don't know what to make...McDonalds?"  The other day, I bought Ezekiel bread, turkey burgers, and turkey bacon.  Guess what delicious lunch I had all week?


3.  Discipline.



At the end of the day, you are trying to accomplish a goal.  Discipline and success run hand in hand, so before you grab that donut, ask yourself, "how is this helping me accomplish my diet goals?" or "is this going to get me that last clean and jerk?"  You can accomplish any feat with discipline, and use that discipline to stay consistent and persistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment